Wednesday, February 19, 2014

ML Kephart - review

Matt Lesniewski makes some of the finest hand forged blades around with an eye to the traditional. His Kephart design I would say has to be his most popular. At least it's the one I see the most getting used on bushcraft and knife sites.

The ML Kephart is a no nonsense blades. No frills, nothing fancy, just a hard working knife. The only downside of this blade profile is the pointyness of blade. I prefer a pointy blade like my Adventure Sworn.

My Kephart has the following specs:

Convex grind
Pattern-aged 1095 carbon blade
Tiger maple handles
Brass pins & lanyard hole
Antiqued medium-brown dangler sheath
Brass hardware

Pictures tell the story better then I can.



1 comment:

  1. I had Matt make me a Kephart for my 50th using my personal supply of black walnut. I really enjoy using the knife but I do agree that a modification of the tip would help.

    He also picked up an ML Woods and Bush knife. I believe this is Matt's interpretation of a woodlore style knife and I find myself using it more than my Kephart. Regardless I really like his work and style.

    ReplyDelete